How much a new air conditioning, heating, or air filtration system will cost varies a lot depending on a number of factors. These variables generally fall into three categories:
- Lifestyle Factors:
- The health conditions of the home's inhabitants (allergies, respiratory issues, and sensitivity to surroundings)
- How the inhabitants "feel" comfortable (partiality to cooler or warmer temperatures)
- Hobbies and activities happening inside the house (musical instruments, crafts, wine)
Building and Environmental Factors:
- The number, type, and size of windows present, the direction the home faces, and age of the home
- Design of building, roofing, siding, ductwork, and quantity of insulation present
- Geographic climate, lot size, city regulations and surrounding setting including regular humidity, close-by industries, available land, and codes required
- Utilities wanted or available; solar, geothermal, gas, electric, LP, oil
Contractor Risk Factors:
- Contractor licensing, insurance, bonding, and financial strength
- Legitimacy, expertise, and certification level of the employees installing the equipment
- Satisfaction Guarantees and service level (obtainability and devotion to customer priorities)
All of these aspects and more help to determine the type, size, and level of work necessary to properly heat and cool a home, which typically goes into the price of the new system.
What Can You Expect to Pay?
Ranch or Smaller Residence
Up to 2000 square feet
1 or 1.5 Story
$40-$250 per month with approved financing, or $6,000 - $15,000
Average Suburban Home
2000-3500 square feet
$100-$500/month with approved financing, or $8,000 - $25,000
3500+ square feet
Various levels or highly custom
$250+ per month with approved financing, or $18,000 - $60,000+
Potential pricing may vary depending on geographic location, personal lifestyle, system settings, equipment maintenance and installation of equipment and duct system.
Because every home’s heating and cooling system must be fully custom designed and installed, it is awfully difficult for good contractors like Rolf Griffin Service Experts to provide a specific estimate without investigating all the factors on-site through an in-home comfort analysis. However, we can suggest large ranges of the potential HVAC system price based on the general size of a home less than 30 years old. It’s important to note that, even the price ranges above may vary much more, depending on all the factors and circumstances of a certain home and homeowner.
How HVAC Systems Are Priced by the Manufacturer (MSRP)
Central heating and cooling systems are similar to vehicle classes. Systems normally fall into big (and sometimes incorrect) ranges of "economy", "mid-level", and "premium". However, because every homeowner is different, each new heating and cooling system is manually installed, and because of all the earlier factors mentioned, the process and ultimate pricing of a heating and cooling system could be compared to selecting vehicle "Options."
Home Comfort Options
Home comfort Options include size and efficiency, as well as air quality control, such as the efficiency of air cleaners and air filters. Air quality control systems are imperative for homeowners with infants and children, people in the home with allergy or respiratory concerns, or climate control issues that need humidification controls. Thermostat controls are also a big part of the home comfort puzzle, and a wide selection of mobile and Wi-Fi options are now available.
Other home comfort options include adding the recommended amount of insulation or redesigning, correcting, and cleaning ductwork to ensure the system works efficiently. Some selections can be purchased as a set, but quite a few of these items must be determined through a complete Home Comfort Analysis, which is a free service we have.
All of these options must be contemplated very carefully, since the best air conditioner or furnace will never correctly control the comfort of the home if the duct work, attic insulation, or air filter is deficient for the home and its inhabitants. To find out more or get your complimentary Home Comfort Analysis, which includes your customized new system estimate, call 260-557-1275 now, or download our free eBook "Home Heating and Air Conditioning for Dummies".