Spring is beautiful for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for fresh air and your power bill is commonly at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your furnace or air.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Fort Wayne and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power expenses low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is a huge plus in keeping your power bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your energy expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can turn to several other methods to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 260-557-1275 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the right solution for your home. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.