Spring is beautiful for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your power bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not utilizing your furnace or air.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy bills. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Fort Wayne and keeping payments low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power expenses down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to update it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is a huge plus in keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your energy cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can turn to several other methods to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also set the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy expenses economical. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 260-557-1275 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your house. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.