Scheduling yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning equipment in Fort Wayne working at peak performance while keeping electricity usage low. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are a few jobs you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Rolf Griffin Service Experts , for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Checkup Scheduled
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that involves a large dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temperatures approaching, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling unit scrubbed and checked out. Delaying to flip it on until the first warm day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have repair or replacement, you may be waiting days for a technician. And that may turn extremely uncomfortable.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a freshened AC system will help provide the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning upkeep may be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your air conditioner system in the ultimate order:
- Put in a new air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very necessary if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep around the outside condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of open room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have fallen into your unit, because this may impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Rolf Griffin Service Experts at 260-557-1275, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts begin the nuts and bolts. We’ll examine your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure secure comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need additional action, we are set to provide you the most reasonable option. Pinpointing possible problems promptly can solve more substantial troubles in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your air conditioner is aging.
When you are looking for an updated cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to choose the ideal model for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to book your service? Call us at 260-557-1275 or schedule an appointment online now.