It’s frosty out there. Most of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Rolf Griffin Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.