There are a lot of fumes that could be in your Fort Wayne residence. Natural gas and fumes that come from household fixtures, carpeting and paints. None of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Rolf Griffin Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 260-557-1275 today to begin shielding your family against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?
Carbon monoxide could be an emergency, so it’s not something to mess around with.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you aren’t able to observe it, smell it with your nose or taste it. It doesn’t cause irritation in small concentrations and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can leak into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a house, it can become fatal in just a few minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling pure air, it will take five hours to remove it from your system. You will need another five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Act Like Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide can also mirror illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are some things you can complete to keep your home safe:
- Your home with at least one fuel-burning heater, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have a sensor on each level of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
Call Rolf Griffin Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 260-557-1275 to purchase one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you already use a carbon monoxide detector, frequently check or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every three months, and replace the system every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor sounds, exit your residence right away and call 911.
Protect Your Family with Support from Rolf Griffin Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your house can be protected from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Rolf Griffin Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 260-557-1275 to learn more.