Building a new residence? Upgrading your existing unit? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may quickly realize you have more options than you originally thought. Use this information to help you weigh four different types so you can select the best air conditioner in Fort Wayne.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people call to mind when they picture air conditioning for the whole house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room through a system of ducts and registers.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps work similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also deliver heat in cold weather.
This may be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your home is in a location with temperate weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, rather than a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly noiseless, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet remains at a consistent 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence uses ductwork.
- You want a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the underground loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an indoor blower unit installed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows shut.
This could be right for you if:
- Your home, or a recent addition to it, doesn’t include ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual areas.
- You’re seeking to get zoning for your house.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should purchase? Depend on the Experts at Rolf Griffin Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the best one for your budget. Please contact us at 260-557-1275 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate now.