Building a new house? Upgrading your existing unit? Whatever the reason why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you may quickly realize you have more choices than you originally thought. Use this info to help you measure four different options so you can find the best air conditioner in Fort Wayne.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they picture air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly noiseless, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps work similar to central air conditioners. Some models can also deliver heat when it’s cold.
This might be good for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your reside in a location with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, rather than a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You want nearly silent, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet remains at a consistent 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump taps into this ongoing source of energy with underground loops for incredible heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your house utilizes ductwork.
- You want a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the underground loops.
This is a second kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit links to an indoor blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be right for you if:
- Your home, or a new addition to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual areas.
- You’re looking to install zoning in your residence.
Not sure which kind of air conditioner you should purchase? Depend on the Experts at Rolf Griffin Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the best one for your home. Please contact us at 260-557-1275 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.