Summer is typically a crazy time of year for many people in Fort Wayne. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Fort Wayne heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Fort Wayne heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Rolf Griffin Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is running at its best in the Fort Wayne heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Fort Wayne temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.