Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many families in Fort Wayne. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any variety of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Fort Wayne heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Fort Wayne heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it breaking down in the heat of the summer. Give Rolf Griffin Service Experts a call at 260-557-1275 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is working at its best in the Fort Wayne heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Fort Wayne temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best bet.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.