Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Fort Wayne, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to consider, in addition to the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Rolf Griffin Service Experts , can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any major imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your ongoing utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you may even qualify for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Rolf Griffin Service Experts . We realize the cost of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and merely one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 260-557-1275 to get an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.