Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Fort Wayne, you could be wondering—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, in addition to the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Rolf Griffin Service Experts , can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you get new units simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any major imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at peak efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your monthly heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at the same time. And you could even qualify for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Rolf Griffin Service Experts . We realize the cost of replacing your total system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 260-557-1275 to get an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.