When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people don't like the taste of tainted tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have healthy drinking water nearby.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you may first think about going the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets pricey soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and better for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also deliver healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to maximize the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Rolf Griffin Service Experts to help you choose and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but a few of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your faucets, furnishing you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate harmful chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the strongest warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Rolf Griffin Service Experts , we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Rolf Griffin Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.