Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to start. Completing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Wayne.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These items are safe when operated correctly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating correctly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Rolf Griffin Service Experts .