Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Doing correct safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Wayne.
Here are several steps you can take to protect your family:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same is true for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when run right but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are operating correctly, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Rolf Griffin Service Experts .