According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Rolf Griffin Service Experts can help by guaranteeing you have a backflow assembly in place to prevent sewer backups. Many homeowners in Fort Wayne don’t realize they are liable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Rolf Griffin Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Common Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is the cause of your sewer to fail or clog, don’t hesitate to ring us at 260-557-1275
the moment you notice a problem to evade as much, sometimes costly, destruction to your living space and plumbing arrangement as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Make sure you are discarding trash the right way.
- Pouring grease down your drain will cause a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects other than toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) down the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Rolf Griffin Service Experts install and manage a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Rolf Griffin Service Experts to look for illegal plumbing connections and correct them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from harming your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Rolf Griffin Service Experts today at 260-557-1275
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.