Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Fort Wayne
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you count on it working correctly so your Fort Wayne basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can stop running for a couple of numerous reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t working properly, contact the Experts at Rolf Griffin Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease working for several different reasons:
- No power
- Lack of maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to verify your sump pump is prepared for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is vertical and not tilting to one side, since this can cause the pump to not turn on when called for.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump runs and removes the water efficiently.
- During dry weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Rolf Griffin Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to protect your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at Rolf Griffin Service Experts to ensure yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 260-557-1275 or book an appointment online.