When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s wants in Fort Wayne. A tankless water heater is a good option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for use, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element is going to heat it. Then it heads to the tap, where you then have hot water. One thing about tankless water heaters—specifically for big households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to take on a handful of uses at once. One of our professionals will help you figure out what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their knowledge.
Some people choose to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, most homes in the Fort Wayne area do very well with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of adding one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the probability of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Rolf Griffin Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater put in your Fort Wayne home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, knowledge and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 260-557-1275
or request an appointment with us online.